Friday, September 23, 2011

MECDA's professional conference 2011


Here's a super wonderful conference that is not to be missed by professionals or those becoming professionals in the bellydance field.
Yes, it's a real job...just like every thing else. Upon looking into this event, I can tell you I am drooling and drooling - this is something I want so BADLY!!!

Here's an excerpt of the conference:

This conference is a MUST if you’ve ever…
■wondered “am I ready to become a professional.”
■dreamed about opening your own studio.
■thought about quitting because you’re just not making a living wage.
■felt like the economy is kicking your butt, and you’d like to kick back.
■wanted to have the extra money to buy costumes and go to workshops without feeling guilty.
■figured there’s got to be an easier way to get paying gigs.
■been told “better keep your day job!”
■believed you had to be a starving artist.
■wished you could teach workshops locally or nationally.
■felt like producing your own DVD, but didn’t know where to start.
■wondered where to find students and how to keep them coming back.
■discussed holding a big event, but didn’t know how.
■wanted to learn how to run a successful troupe.
■been curious about the history and heritage of our dance.
■paid a fortune in advertising and wished you didn’t have to.
■been treated badly by another dancer protecting “her territory.”
■had a burning question and no one would give you a straight answer.
■wished you had access to event promoters and organizers.
■reached a point where it was too painful NOT to be a professional dancer, but were too intimidated or confused or fearful to get started.


I answered yes, Yes, YES!!!!

Then....I realized, the reality of opening up an new business hit me. Although it will help my business's growth, financially wise, I have to put it in the building so we can open our doors. Right now, it's a double edge sword with everything I do. Question is, which side of the blade will make me bleed less???

Putting that aside, if you are a pro, this is such a deal for the amount of knowledge rolling out in this intensive seminar! I would be there in a heartbeat - most of you know I'm the kind of person that thrives on learning and passing the knowledge on....
It's how we live.

If you can do this conference, do it. I know I would without a doubt!

Here's the link: http://www.mecda.org/prodanceconfretreat

No comments: