Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Brand new studio ower...post four months....

It has been four months since we took possession of our business and over 17 months since conception of our dream....and we're just getting out of the gates. Not exactly the fanfare we expected to turn out. I have come up with my three 'D's of frustration.

#1 Delays. Seems to be the story of our lives. If it was not one thing, it was another. Leaky roofs, code enforcements, and such just to name a few. Delays means delays in classes, delays in classes meant no income. Indeed it's a vicious cycle that eats at the very heart of a business owner.

My business partner also works a day job and the bulk of dealing with the city falls on me...which is fine because I'd rather not deal with alot of technological stuff and that is her specialty....but boy, all this running around has cost me alot in gas.
Somehow it seems that when I do the most running around, the higher the gas prices are...coincidence? If so, it's a sick joke.

#2 Dwindling fund bucket. Delays = unable to open doors for business = loss of student base = loss of income. A cycle that is as painful seen and unseen. When the cow isn't fed, there will be no milk.

#3 Deal with it. Simply put, whether it's a money pit or just a waiting chrysalis, it's our baby and we WILL get through this. Practice patience. (or is patience practicing on us??)

Before I can get all sappy-depressed about all this, the bright side is that we DID open our doors with a workshop and hafla that was a great success with new faces and excited dancers! Finally things are coming togehter! Now it's only the beginning...I am now seeing that our hard work and patience through all this will just get brighter.
I want to thank all those who supported us through this journey and continue to build dreams together with us.

No comments: